A large tech company in Redmond is hiring for a Contract - Portuguese Bilingual Text Specialist. This role will be likely WFH to begin and then likely move to a hybrid model. Candidates should be local to the greater Seattle area and able to commute to Redmond when they move to a hybrid model (this is easiest for candidates local within 30 miles).
Pay: $22-$28+/hr DOE
• Accurately translates, reviews, proofreads and edits in-game text and text files for context, grammar and punctuation issues
• Assists coordinators and teams during debug text-check process when assigned
• Interacts with other departments to discuss text bugs and related issues
• May approve or provide advice for context-related bugs in MCAT bug logs
• Provides or reviews translations, context, guidelines and conventions, sometimes in a technical nature
• May oversee proofing of manuals and other publications
• Follows compliance with strict Nintendo confidentiality and hardware/software security policies
• Provides critical analysis and feedback in a clear and concise way
• Mentors associate text specialists and testers regarding bug write-ups and text issues
• Delegates tasks to team members when functioning in a backup role
• Initiates and participates in team-improvement processes
Skills & Qualifications:
• One to three years of related experience
• Fluent in English/Portuguese with strong bilingual oral and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Nintendo hardware terminology and error messages
• Strong copy-editing skills
• Ability to handle several projects at different stages of development
• Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to function and excel in a highly confidential environment
• Ability to maintain high quality results under tight deadlines
• PC skills (Microsoft Office products and browser-based software preferred)
Native Portuguese, Translate, Proofread, Edit, copyediting, journalism
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit ~~~. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call ~~~ or email ~~~ (~~~) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.