Shadows and supports Program Director in all aspects of radio station's on air experience including: talent, content, tone, programming, production, sound & theme, and online presence.
• Assists the Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, iHeartMedia policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs Program Director of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Coordinates reviews and approvals for commercial and paid programming content.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists' managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Assists in preparation and management of department's budget by overseeing expenditures and maintaining invoice records and related documentation.
• Adequately prepares for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Works an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
• Keeps up-to-date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
• Participates in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• May monitor record label calls, schedule music, and check social media to ensure music remains consistent with station's brand, and may collaborate with production to provide musical direction and options that meet editorial scope.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
• Knowledge of Diary data analysis, RCS products including GSelector and NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres
• Demonstrated ability to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; is upbeat, informative and entertaining, and can relate to station's audience
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi task and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
• Minimum 3 years' on-air radio experience, promotions and marketing
• Air demo required
• Imaging production experience a plus; samples required
• 4-year college degree in Telecommunications, Marketing or a related field preferred
• Valid driver's license
St. Louis, MO: 1001 Highlands Plaza Drive West, Suite 200, 63110
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (~~~) to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here (~~~) to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here (~~~) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.