Communications Publications Writer-Editor - Communications & Marketing Department - Repost
Bronx Community College
Bronx Community College (BCC) of The City University of New York offers more than 30 academic programs that prepare students for careers and to continue their education at four-year colleges. Bronx Community College serves students of diverse backgrounds, preparations, and aspirations by providing them with an education that is both broad in scope and rigorous in standards. Our mission is to give our students the foundation and tools for success, whether they choose to continue their education and/or enter a profession immediately upon graduation and to instill in them the value of informed and engaged citizenship and service to their communities. BCC provides opportunities for success through 33 academic programs and 7 certificate programs with a full-time faculty of approximately 300. BCC's student profile is 58% female and showcases an urban diverse population of 61% Latino/Hispanic and 33% Black. 57% are full-time students with 70% between the ages of 19-30 years old.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Division for Advancement, Communications & External Relations the Communications Publications Writer-Editor will, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, be responsible for but not limited to:
· Write media advisories, and distribute press releases and advisories through all CUNY BCC media platforms;
· Draft student, faculty, and alumni profiles for various digital and print publications, including the website and e-newsletter;
· Adhere to journalistic standards for fact-finding, research, verification, and style;
· Draft, edit, proofread, and research articles and original content for multiple media platforms;
· Perform editorial review of communication projects and selected initiatives;
· Coordinate the editorial content and production of the CUNY BCC Magazine and Annual Report;
· Meet all copy and project deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
· Ensure consistency in voice, tone, and style across marketing materials and establish editorial guidelines for the School.
· Assist the President's office with various internal and external communications projects and speech writing.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of the Division for Advancement, Communications & External Relations or designee
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
· At least four years of related experience with public relations, communication, and/or journalism;
· Prior experience in communications and/or PR in a higher education setting;
· Strong research and writing skills; creative and compelling narrative skills; and, adaptive writing skills for various print and digital media platforms;
· Working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics, Acrobat, MailChimp, and Meltwater;
· Strong organization skills, and ability to manage multiple deadlines while balancing time between editorial and PR writing work including fast turnaround on timely news and information items;
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as a demonstrated knowledge of web and social media platforms, apps, and tools;
· Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment;
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
· Commitment to campus values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Writes and prepares written material on College issues and event and provides professional support to College communications programs.
Researches and writes items in a variety of formats for publication in print, web sites, and presentations
Participates in planning communications projects and contributes to decisions on content and style
May assume editorial responsibility for communications projects; reviews and edits the work of others
May coordinate production of written materials
Adheres to journalistic standards for fact-finding, research, verification, and style
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications Publications Writer-Editor
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$73,985 to $81,30; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at ~~~ and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #23518. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.