Are you passionate about business journalism? We are seeking a talented and innovative journalist to join our high-energy newsroom. Your beat will include monetary policy, regulatory activity, industry trends and breaking news impacting the U.S. banking industry.
This position is perfect for a reporter who can cut through the ever-opaque â€˜Fedspeakâ€™ of monetary policy to tell our readers whatâ€™s really going on and why they should care. If you love diving into data and have a good nose for news, this role was meant for you.
Charlottesville, VA or Arlington, VA
Do you love to collaborate? In this role youâ€™ll collaborate on stories with more than 15 writers and editors focused on the bank industry, as well as researchers and reporters throughout the newsroom. With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, you will also have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes major institutional investors, regulators and almost all of Wall Street's leading investment banks. With a focus on data journalism, you will work closely with analysts and experts to uncover emerging industry trends. Your articles will integrate a wealth of related data including everything from company information and transaction data to deep detail on industry-specific assets.
*Whatâ€™s in it for you:*
* Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
* Increase your understanding of market dynamics, and gain a greater understanding of the financial industry.
* Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
* Sharpen your analytical skills through the use of our extensive database and enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
* Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
* Enjoy a casual working environment.
* Report breaking financial, regulatory and monetary-policy news.
* Compose enterprise articles on key developments affecting banks, thrifts and credit unions.
* Cover congressional hearings, speeches, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
* Basic Qualification:*
* Bachelorâ€™s degree in journalism or equivalent experience
* 1 years of reporting experience
* Command of journalistic standard methodology (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
* Strong analytical skills
* Previous experience reporting on the Federal Reserve, monetary policy or bank regulations
* Previous experience with or covering the banking industry
* Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
* Previous professional experience with data journalism
*About S&P Global Market Intelligence*
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is importantâ€”some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
*S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE:*
SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit,S&P Global Market Intelligence
* - To all recruitment agencies - :*
S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race - ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person s ability to perform his or her job.
*Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:*
EEO.Compliance@spglobal.comand your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.