The Sales Enablement Group's core objective is to help the firm win business by building the best sales collateral, in the shortest amount of time, with the smallest time involved from Platform Sales stakeholders. This position is both accountable and responsible for actively project managing, creating and delivering best in class projects, as well as capturing and leveraging materials for future use.
Reporting to the Americas Regional Proposal Manager, the Proposal Writer is responsible for the development & creation of customized, compelling and persuasive proposals and pitchbooks for prospective and existing clients.
The role involves working with senior management, sales, client management & subject matter experts to collaborate in the writing and customizing of proposals. The proposal writer will utilize and contribute to a centrally managed database of component material whereby metrics and narrative are captured and leveraged globally, develop an understanding of the proposed solution, and incorporate bid strategy, organizational positioning & supporting messages and benefits into the proposals.
• Coverage of in-region proposal projects and accounts primarily across the Americas and other regions as required
• Manage proposals and relationship documents, utilizing excellent written communication.
• Project manage multiple documents with different stakeholders and tight deadlines (local and regional).
• Review and analyze proposal needs to determine key project requirements and construct tailored materials which correspond to the client's needs.
• Generate initial draft using content knowledge database and other sources.
• Organize team of subject matter experts and coordinate and solicit their timely input.
• Collaborate with senior management and sales staff to ensure that proposals meet client/prospect requirements and reflect bid strategy.
• Deep understanding of the end to end sales workflow across functions and lines of business
• Drive the deal process and provide consultative input and direction toward completion.
• Proactively identify risks and red flags inherent in functions, interaction with clients/internal partners and controls risks
• Manage project governance and facilitate oversight of project implementation and status throughout the deal lifecycle
• Leverage all information from multiple stakeholders and synthesize it into a presentable, professional, and competitive proposal aligned with firm branding.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts and content manager to update central knowledge base as responses are created, developed and enhanced.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal clients over a widespread geographic region, understand cultural nuances, including language requirements
• Engage and communicate effectively with Regional Proposal Manager to apprise of activity in the region
• Maintain and continually refine team Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), detailing step-by-step processes for BAU activities.
• Represent the best interests of Platform Sales and the Sales Enablement Group as your first goal in any interaction.
• 8-10 years relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in finance and business preferred, or other communications-related field (Journalism, Marketing, Advertising)
• Advanced degree or Post-graduate diploma, preferred but not required
• Experience in professional communication and the ability to craft key messages and unique selling points with the help of subject matter experts
• Proven ability to engage stakeholders from across the business and form effective working relationships; Ability to work well and effectively under pressure and tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Ability and willingness to leverage new data and analytical tools - strong quantitative and qualitative skills
• Experience with proposals or bid management is ideal but not required
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage tight schedules and deadlines
• Experience / understanding of regional cultural nuances (such as language or cultural considerations)
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to continually re-assess priorities
• Strong team player and can work within a remote team / manager environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of American and British English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage, as well as the Associated Press (AP) style guide
• Self-motivated, with excellent project management skills and ability to drive projects through to completion
• Proficiency with MS Word. Prior work in Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans