Under the supervision Sports Director/Program Manager, the Sports Official monitors play to ensure the purpose and goals of the YMCA Youth Sports Department are being met. He or she is required to provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.The incumbent will position themselves as a cause driven leader in this vital nonprofit organization.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values and character development model in to all program activities.
- Treats all children, parents and staff with dignity and respect.
- Interacts with the participants and provides feedback during games.
- Monitors play to oversee the safety of players and ensures the particular sportâ€™s and YMCA rules are followed.
- Listens to concerns, answers questions and addresses coaches, players and parents in a calm, fair and professional manner.
- Immediately reports problems, inappropriate situations or behaviors to Site Supervisor.
- Be dependable, punctual and organized.
- Assists in YMCA annual campaign fundraising and special events.
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions as requested or required.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Typical requirements prior to first scheduled shift include:Child Abuse Prevention, Universal Precautions, Workplace Harassment & Bullying, Information Security Awareness; typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First Aid; AED.
- Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
- Must have a keen desire to work with children and have the ability to relate to them in a positive, patient, sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
- Must possess basic knowledge of sports.
- Must have flexible schedule to work weekends. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Prior childcare experience. Sports related knowledge in a youth setting is preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, run, stoop, and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Possess adequate vision to monitor safety and enforcement of game rules. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environmentis usually moderate. Games may be played in an outdoor environment.
Posting ID ~~~
Location Missouri City,TX
Job Category Sports