Requisition ID: 163419
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Building Group
Department: Business Development & Proposals
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Sr. Proposal Specialist you will be working with our proposal and marketing team in support of some of the most challenging commercial construction projects across the United States.
If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, a position where you can work independently but also collaborate with teams, and assignments that provide variety and opportunity, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. This position demands a strong work ethic, initiative, and commitment to quality.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals - they're the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won't find just anywhere. We're always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Building Group specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development.? Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services.
This position is based out of our Lone Tree, CO office.
• Review RFP, RFI, RFQ and bid/qualifications request documents so that client requirements are clearly understood for the team
• Manage proposal processes including the development of a requirements matrix, features/benefits/proofs, section directives, oral technical presentations, graphics, storyboard mock-up, reviews, production, and delivery
• Help develop, write and incorporate win themes and discriminators into proposal documents and provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables are compliant with RFP requirements
• Develop/coordinate proposal sections that are compliant with client's objectives and requirements and consistent with proposing entity's approach and strategy
• Develop, edit, and implement style guides and templates for proposals and other deliverables
• Utilize interviewing skills and work well with technical and non-technical SMEs to gather data and write compliant, compelling proposal content
• Develop templates, style guides, and other coordination documents as necessary for each proposal, including SharePoint proposal collaboration sites
• Lead and participate in proposal kick-off meetings, proposal updates and milestone reviews to ensure proposal progress is aligned with the timeline
• Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis and manage boilerplate libraries for various lines of business. Work with SMEs throughout the company to ensure boilerplate is accurate and up to date, including experience project profiles, resumes and key proposal sections.
• BA/BS in Business, Communication, Journalism, or English (will consider other majors as well)
• 4+ years of related experience in proposals
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills; technical writing background a plus.
• Demonstrated training and experience in formal proposal management processes
• Proven experience in managing the full proposal lifecycle and a track record of results
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio and SharePoint. Proficiency in the Adobe InDesign preferred. Experience with Cosential or similar CRM software is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment
• Solid communication skills both within core group and with internal client
• Strong interviewing and editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to deliver quality work that consistently meets requirements and deadlines
• A focus on teamwork - ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
• Strong analytical and interpersonal capabilities
• Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
• Meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $88,364 - $132,546
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.