Worker Sub-Type: Regular
****** Job Description: ******
Cylance is looking for a Technical Editor to join our review team. This team performs report reviews within the BlackBerry Cylance Professional Services organization to achieve business goals, whilst balancing client requirements. You'll work with the technical practice team members and other leaders within the organization to ensure reports are provided in final form to the client and create product content - user guides, online help, knowledgebase articles, and more. This team will also be responsible for various template uplift and maintenance projects for templates spanning sales inception (SOW) through Delivery (Reporting) throughout the professional services organization.
**What you will do: **
- Review reports to ensure they are clear and concise, that they meet required standards, are professionally presented and that they are appropriately addressed to their intended audiences.
- Ensure process is a learning opportunity for technical team members
- Manage content changes, coordinating these changes with the technical consultant / report owner.
- Deliver completed reports to the client and manage clients' queries with technical consultants as required.
- Collaborate with technical experts, marketing, legal and other departments, as needed, to create reporting templates and other material.
- Work closely with the Engagement Management and Delivery Teams to proactively plan and address workload issues and bottlenecks.
- Be visible and accessible to the department, allowing for constant communication and a 'live' accurate view of activity and capacity across the group.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Participate in special projects, including system and template uplifts and efficiencies and process improvement.
- Other duties as directed.
**Who we are looking for: **
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role desired
- 5+ years of experience in an IT professional services organization desired, with experience in Information Security preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and especially written).
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong working experience with: (1) Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint): (2) Communication tools such as Slack, Zoom, Smartsheet, etc.
- Team player with a collaborative mindset, able to build strong relationships with BlackBerry Cylance leaders and staff and work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work independently/with minimal supervision as needed.
- Highly organized and with the ability to make sound decisions within tight deadlines, multi-task and shift priorities while still meeting business goals/deadlines.
- Confident and resilient to deal with challenges.
- Proactive with a positive, flexible, attitude.
- Interest and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and passionate about day to day business operations at all levels.
- Ability to problem-solve and support process improvement.
What we need from you to apply:
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing: (1) Why you are interested in working at BlackBerry Cylance; (2) The skills, strengths, and expertise you will contribute to our diverse and talented team
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry's products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
Â©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerryÂ® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled